Tulum does not have a local airport, so visitors will need to fly into either Cancun International Airport (CUN) or Cozumel International Airport (CZM).
- This is the most popular option for tourists to fly into
- Flights are generally cheaper than flights into Cozumel
- A variety of transportation options to reach your final destination
- 2 hour drive from Cancun to Tulum by car
Cozumel International Airport
- Smaller airport than Cancun
- More convenient to fly into if you’re staying in Cozumel
- The airport is located on an island, and you need to take a ferry to the mainland. It is beautiful, but can be time consuming. The ferry costs $12.00 USD.
- 2 hour drive and ferry ride from Cozumel to Tulum