Jackson Hole’s proximity to Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and dozens of outdoor activities make it a prime vacation destination. Whether you’re looking to go hiking, skiing, or just relax – there is plenty to do in Jackson, WY.
Here are the top things to see and do in Jackson Hole, Wyoming:
Grand Teton National Park: the number one attraction in Jackson, WY
- 31,000+ acres
- Wildlife such as bison
- Landscape filled with pristine lakes, rivers, and mountainous terrain.
- Activities like hiking, mountain climbing, paragliding, and fishing.
Skiing: at 5+ local ski resorts
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort – 12 miles from Jackson, the most challenging slopes
- At the base of the mountain is the quaint Teton Village, a little nook with restaurants, hotels, and shops.
- 2,500 acres of ski runs
- In the summer the resort is open for hiking, mountain biking, and tram or gondola rides.
- Snow King Mountain – in Jackson, 16 steep trails
- Grand Targhee – 45 miles from Jackson, WY, good for families
- White Pine – 75 miles from Jackson
Yellowstone National Park:
- A short day trip from Jackson, WY, it is 57 miles away and will take roughly 1 hour and 15 minutes to drive.
- Well known for geothermal features, boasting the World’s highest concentration of active geysers.
- Old Faithful is the most famous geyser.
- Wildlife such as grizzly bears, gray wolves, bison, black bears, and elk, as well as graceful trumpeter swans and bald eagles.
- Drive the scenic Grand Loop, a 142 mile-long road winding through the park.
- Geothermal attractions: Yellowstone Lake, Hayden Valley, the Grand Canyon, and the Upper and Lower Falls of Yellowstone River.
National Elk Refuge:
- Home to the largest concentration of wintering elk in the World
- 500+ bison live in the refuge
- Visit the historic Miller Ranch
- Visit the historic Miller Ranch inside of the National Elk Refuge from May through September
- A landmark to the valley’s original homesteaders
Granite Hot Springs:
- Thermal pools, complete with outstanding views of the Bridger-Teton National Forest
- 7,000ft above sea level in the Gros Ventre Range
- Stay at the resort or visit for the day
Visit Downtown Jackson:
- Downtown Jackson is a vivacious mountain town home to shops, restaurants, museums, and art galleries.
- Tour the Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum or the National Museum of Wildlife Art.